Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Another Installment of Picking with Allison (and David)

It's really hard for me to blog these days.  But when I get a chance to go to a flea market or estate sale, I feel compelled to share.  I snuck away Sunday afternoon with my best boo, David.  We didn't have the best luck, but here are some things that caught our eye.

These were in a pair, but I think just one would be great for a bookshelf.

A very cool class photo of a 1944 Army Air Forces candidate school.  I love this even more the longer I look at it.  

This is a great vintage kitchen sink that could be easily reglazed and installed.  It would be super cool as a bathroom sink. 

This was my favorite find of the day.  It was recovered from an old abandoned church.  I think it would look great in front of a fireplace along with a collection of other unique finds. 

Arg! Best coffee mug ever. 

David did the Darth Vader voice in every fan we passed.  

Dainty little ashtray with dainty little claw feet 

Who is this Gary character? 

Vintage water bottle. Love!

A pretty little hand bag modeled by David.

These little chenille covered chairs were the cutest! 

I've had my eye on this for a while and I'm convinced that it is mine, but no one is EVER in this booth for me to make a purchase! 

Love everything about this pillow

Ok, people.  If you have a place for this please go buy it.  Red lacquer and brass!!  Wait. Don't buy it because I'm going back for it! 

We saw this and immediately started singing "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard." You're welcome for having that song stuck in your head now. 

David made the score of the day.  This nice little combo for 60 bucks!  

We only made it to two flea markets because I was getting severely hangry, but we made a plan to bring our nabs and Dr. Peppers next time so we could keep trucking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment