Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Estate Sale of the Century

Maybe, maybe not but it was pretty epic.  Even though I've never been to Graceland, I felt like this 7 bedroom house belonged as a wing of Graceland or as a next door neighbor.  It truly is a tourist attraction on it's own.  Well, before the aforementioned EPIC estate sale.
This wasn't just a normal run of the mill estate sale.  It was an actual auction!  I arrived late and they were already at the half way point.  I was so disappointed because the first room contained some of the most beautiful home furnishings I have ever seen.  The owners of this home have traveled the world collecting and curating the most unique collection I've ever seen.  
The main theme throughout the house was Spanish royalty with a little splash of vintage Palm Springs and a side of southern hospitality. Weird but oh so good.
There were 3 or 4 of these GIGANTIC sconces in the main living room.

Gold and red seemed to be a fav of the king of this castle.  Love the diamond tufting. 

Every lamp in this house was over sized. 

Ev-er-y Lamp (and light fixture) 







This is just one piece of a precious bedroom suite that included this chest of drawers, a dresser with mirror, a double bed, and two nightstands.  I would love to know the year and manufacturer of these pieces! 

Lots of Spanish Conquistador art 

Pics from the tricked out man cave 



Beautiful mirrors in the formal dining room 

Sorry for the bad pic of this crazy cool table.  How dare anyone place their coke can and styrofoam coffee cup on this tacky but glorious piece of art!

Oh, another thing... Most pieces had a match, like this chair, all of the lamps, every side table, etc.. Very symmetrical people.  

I wanted to buy more than I did, but I had to be realistic.  So, I bought these little vintage dutch wooden clogs...

A giant vintage sombrero (because that's so realistic, right?) 

This giant lamp because I wanted the lamp shade. I tried to get the matching lamp but some "lady" kept outbidding me!  

And last but not least, these chairs!!!  Don't ask me where I'm going to put them because I don't know yet.  Just congratulate me on scoring these for 25 bucks a piece! 

Such a great sale and a great first auction experience!








No comments:

Post a Comment