Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New/Old Projects

Man! This child growing inside of me has absolutely zapped all of my motivation and energy.  Seriously, I've never experienced this much lack of motivation in my life.  But, slowly and surely I'm snapping out of it. Besides the fact that I'm halfway through my 2nd trimester, I have to attribute this new found energy to the first sight of spring.  The Japanese Magnolias have already bloomed, the Bradford Pears are full, and the Daffodils are popping up everywhere!
So, with that said I've started thinking about house projects again.  I've BEEN Ready for a new roman shade in my kitchen, and I think I've finally found my fabric.  I'm ready to brighten things up with this orange print by Holli Zollinger that I found it on Spoonflower.
The other project on the forefront is the dining room wall.  Yes, the dining room wall is still not finished, and it's my fault.  I've been staring at a primed wall ready for whatever I want to do to it, and I can't make a decision!  Wallpaper one day, paint the next.  I've finally decided to go with a grasscloth.  The problem now is picking the grasscloth out of a million choices.  I think I've narrowed it down to two choices.  This first one is more traditional and neutral, and the second one has a gold shimmer background and is a lighter weave.  Either one would look great, so how do I decide?!
Next time, hopefully I can show you a completed collage wall, and maybe some choices of fabric for the dining room drapes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment