Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Flowers, Farmers and Fleas

As I mentioned in my last post, the spring flowers are blooming everywhere!  The first round of azaleas are out and I grabbed a nice bouquet at my in-laws this weekend. 
We went to the farmers market Saturday and my "flower guy" did not disappoint with these beautiful daffodils and narcissus.
I was also happy to to see my "milk guy".  Mauthe's Progress Milk Barn has the best milk I've ever tasted in my life!  And it comes in these darling glass bottles.
Not only do they have milk, but they have the best cheeses and cheesecakes! 
After the farmers market, I decided to run by a local flea market. Although I didn't make a purchase, several things caught my eye.
Like this fabulous black marble table...so retro.

I totally forgot what the man told me this next piece of furniture was, but I thought it was very cool.  You can't tell from the photo, but there is a drawer under the seat.  This would be a great reupholster project!
I want these glasses so bad!  My mother said she thinks my grandmother has some just like these.  Say what?!  I cal dibs! ;) 
This is a beautiful gentleman's dresser.  It is in great shape and the details are absolutely beautiful.  I'm bummed that my camera phone didn't do it justice. 

I have never seen seltzer bottles like this.  I LOVE them!  The ones I own are antique green glass.  These are glass on the inside and aluminum on the outside.  So cool.  
If you need a vintage beaded clutch, there were tons! Aren't they beautiful?!
I almost bought this dainty beaded coin purse (thanks for modeling it, mom), but I talked myself out of it.
I would have bought these purple leather gloves if I could have gotten my pinky in to them.  They were tiny, but so chic.
There were tons of old neon letters.  
Represent.
I loved this industrial whisk attachment that was made in to a pendent light.  How cool! 
And this old fire extinguisher made in to a table lamp. 
Look at these crazy light fitures made from box springs!  I can see these hanging in an Anthropologie store or a industrial loft apartment. 

And last but not least, is my favorite thing I saw. I really really almost came home with it, but for one, I needed to consult the hubs and two, I don't have any where for it at the moment.  BUT IT'S SO COOL!  This is an illegal gambling machine from the 20's that has been made in to a coffee table.  


Maybe if it's there next time I go I'll know it's meant to be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment