Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dinner for the Dead

I love to decorate for Halloween!  I always have.  Maybe it's because my birthday is near the 31st and my mom always had Halloween themed birthday parties for me.   
Last year I decorated for Halloween very traditional with spiders and skeletons.  




Instead of decorating for Halloween this year I looked to the Mexican holiday, The Day of the Dead, for my inspiration.  Day of the Dead is celebrated in Mexico on November 1st and 2nd, and it's not as gory as it sounds!  This is a holiday that honors friends and family members that have passed away.  It is a time of remembrance and a celebration of their lives.    
Here are some images via Pinterest that inspired my table decor.




My Day of the Dead inspired Halloween tablescape... 







No comments:

Post a Comment