Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Easy Peasy Recipe

Thank the Lord I married someone that can cook, and cook good. If our daily nutrition were dependent on me, it would be bad.  But, I do have my handful of "go-to" recipes that I can make. But I'm the type that goes.by.the.recipe.  I'm sure it's painful for my husband to watch me cook, but I know he appreciates it when I do.  Even if it's tofu stirfry!
I've been saying for years that I needed to get all my scrap pieces of paper with my scribbled recipes organized.  And who would have thought that my inspiration to finally do that came from Office Depot?!  I was just strolling around one day and came upon this beauty!
An Ikat print 3 ring binder!  Go Office Depot!
So, I decided just to keep the scrap pieces of paper intact, because I can totally identify them by the piece of paper that they're on.  


Here is my easy peasy recipe that I make for everyone!  I don't eat chicken personally, but I'm told this is delish! Also, I can't take 100% credit for this, because it's been handed down from someone I don't even know.  This can now be your easy peasy recipe to whip up in a flash!

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter (or substitute 2 tablespoons of olive oil)
1 box of Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain & Wild Rice 
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of French onion soup 
1/2 to 1cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Melt butter in a pyrex 
Pour rice over butter
Sprinkle half of the Uncle Ben's season packet over rice
Place chicken breasts over rice
Sprinkle rest of seasoning packet over chicken
Pour french onion soup over chicken
Pour 1/2 can of water in the pyrex
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min to 1 hour
Sprinkle cheese on at last minute until melted


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment