Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The House of Mirrors

I love mirrors, but they are not something I buy on impulse.  1st of all, I don't have many places to hang them due to our open floor plan, and second of all, I'm very particular.  I think I'm particular about mirrors because they're kind of like art. They more than likely will be in my home forever in some capacity.
My grandmother, Lovie (Mimi), gave this one to me a few years ago.  It was hanging in her house and she saw how much I adored it and wanted me to have it.  I really need to get the story on this.  I know it's antique.
This mirror was just laying out randomly at a local wholesale outlet store that exports beautiful handmade furnishings all around the world. I grabbed it like a crazy woman because it was the only one! 
This mirror was a steal at T.J. Maxx a few years ago.  Don't you love when you can find really good quality things at places like that?!
My step-mother gave me this mirror years ago and it has been one of my favorite and most versatility used mirrors I own.
You are just getting a corner shot because it was reflecting too much of my messy house!
Here are some other mirrors that I would love to own.  But, like I said, I am not impulsive about buying mirrors.  So I file these images away in my "future home" folder. 
Love these clover leaf mirrors.
Beautiful Starburst
I have one of these mirrors in my guest bathroom.  Simple but elegant. 
I have dreams about owning a mirror like this!  
I have the smaller (and cheaper) tarjay side table version of this beautiful table!  
What a wonderful idea for a headboard.   
Fish scales. Yes, thank you. 
A knight's shield.  Very cool. 

Black lacquer. Yum. 
There used to be a knock off of this mirror at Pier One!  Maybe it's still there??
Oyster shells.  I love it!

And last, but not least.  Ahhhhh I love everything about this photo...

{all images via Wisteria, Pinterest, and One Kings Lane}

No comments:

Post a Comment