Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Love the Delta!

We traveled about 90 miles North this past weekend to Greenwood, MS to visit my grandmother, Mary Dodd, and to run our 1st 5k!  We've (my husband and I) have been training for the past 8 weeks, and I would have never imagined that I could actually run longer than one minute!  I did it though.  I came in very  close to last place, which I'm pretty bummed about, but there is only room for improvement from here... I hope.
The race was about 30 miles from Greenwood in Indianola, MS.  We began the race along a beautiful bayou and finished at the Magnificent BB King Museum.  Here are a few shots taken by my cheerleader for the day, my sister, Katy.







Feeling a sense of accomplishment, but more of discouragement, I needed a distraction to take my mind off how freakin slow I am!
Cue a large antebellum home chocked full of one of a kind antiques and vintage treasures!        
This is Wayne, the owner and curator of this beautiful collection.  
Busts are being used today in all types of decor.  From traditional to contemporary and everywhere in between.  
I loved this little purple velvet foot stool!
This was my score of the day!  Although, I can't get it until my birthday since my grandmother bought it for me.  I'm so excited!
There were several settees that were just begging me to take them home and give them a makeover!
LOVE!
Ok, these little dolls may freak some of you out, but there was something about them that I loved.  They kind of reminded me of a female nutcracker.  They could be really cute as Christmas decorations.  
These crystal chandeliers were beautiful!  Camera phone pictures do not do them justice.  
I really like this stained glass.  It's different than the majority of ones I've seen.
This light fixture is awaiting a refurbishment, and it is definitely on my radar! 
Next time you're in Greenwood or up that way, I highly recommend you stop in to say hello to Wayne and take a stroll through his beautiful home.  You never know what you may find!  

            




No comments:

Post a Comment