Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

An Early Mutha's Day

Say the word, "Mutha" with your thickest southern drawl.  That's how one of my most hilarious friends refers to my mom.
So, for said Mutha, I hosted an early Mother's Day Lunch since our schedules will conflict this weekend.
It was a girly event for sure, with fine china, linen place mats, pink drinks, and plenty of flowers!
On the menu:
Green salad with a homemade red wine vinaigrette, toasted pine nuts, shredded asiago cheese, and fresh strawberries.
Chicken salad made with red grapes and slivered almonds served in roma tomatoes with asiago sprinkled on top.
Fruit pie with assorted fresh fruit and chopped walnuts. {recipe courtesy of Fly Through Our Window}
Pink lemonade spritzer with champagne, white cranberry juice, Grand Marnier, and fresh mint.

My Mother's Day Table







These were a special delivery from my in-laws.  Amaryllis, Yellow Iris and Purple Iris.  The Purple Iris looks like velvet!  So beautiful! 

And last but not least, my mother's day gift from my 1 year old.  I think his daddy helped him out a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. I think you take alot of your food talents from your sweet Mama. How sweet to treat her with such a nice table setting etc. Awsome JOB

    ReplyDelete