Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Flea Market Hey Hey!

My sister, Katy and I recently went to a flea market on probably the hottest day of the year.  I can make a pretty strong bet that she will not be going back with me in this heat. There wasn't an abundant amount of "have to haves", but there were a few "pretty cool, but what would I do with its".
Like these poison bottles
 Not to be taken!
This vintage painted tray
These cool lamps. Just for the funky shades if anything.  

I almost really got this chair to recover, but the middle of the back was broken.  I talked myself out of it.  
A baby piano (with cobwebs, so I didn't touch it!)
And this really nice bed.  This would be perfect for a kids room. Maybe painted white or a cool grey.  Dang!
A couple of other Dang moments I had after I left...
This darling paint by number horse painting
And this antique wine decanter.  It was so beautiful and unique.  See the little opening for ice?  How cool is that?!

Oh! and this chair!  I could swear that my grandparents had one just like this but it was green.  I'm hoping it's hiding in a storage room somewhere!  Hello reupholster makeover!
While we were at the market we met Ashley from Texas.  She and her parents were passing through on their way back from Florida where they bought this!
Ashley makes vintage jewelry and this is her storage unit/marketing tool.  Very cute!
I think I'm going to hit a new flea market this weekend, but I have a feeling I'll be going solo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment